In the past few months, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has provided much-needed funding for education. These funds were provided to help entities within Utah to respond to the public health emergency created by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Utah State Legislature and Governor’s Office have assigned the Utah Education and Telehealth Network (UETN) the responsibility to administer a portion of the State, Local Government and Tribal Government category of CARES. These funds are being distributed to Utah’s higher education institutions, technical colleges, public libraries, public education institutions and multiple health care providers.
Cares Act Quotes
Utah State University
Thank you so much for all your efforts!
Statewide Network Enhancements
- Upgrading older equipment to support UETN's backbone and circuits
- Enhanced network instrumentation to evaluate and improve the user experience
- Improved security monitoring services
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Virtual Operations Management
- Interactive Video Conference (IVC) Recording and Storage
- Expanded Content Filtering
Statewide Software Contracts
- Nearpod (K12)
- Adobe (Grades 7-12)
- Canvas (Higher Education)
- Canvas Tier 1 Support (Higher Ed)
- Proctorio online exam proctoring (Higher Ed)
- Closed Captioning (Higher Ed)
Enhanced K12 Wireless Equipment
- Enhanced wireless infrastructure for both internal and external upgrades to WiFi to support social distancing.
Utah Telehealth Network Enhancements
- Anti Malware/Virus software
- Dataloss Prevention
- Redundant Power Supply for sites
- Firewalls and Equipment
- Telemedicine Platform
- Virtual Firewall Management System
- Increased professional development opportunities to support remote learning.
Enhanced Online Learning Courses
- Computer Programming Skills
- Summer Bridge, College Prep, High School Credit
- English as a Second Language
- College Readiness
- Edge Wireless, Hotspots and equipment
- Equipment and Software Protection
- Key Online Learning Systems
- Laptop and Hotspot Lending
COVID Response for Utah's Technical Colleges
- Program to vary by institution.
K12 Home Internet
- Funding to support Utah's most vulnerable children to ensure they have access to online learning for up to one year.
Library Hotspot Lending Programs
- Funding hotspot lending to certain library locations for up to one year.