UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
1 class periods of 45 minutes each
This lesson introduces students to ethics and ethical behavior. Ethical behavior is required for all professions and in all industries. This lesson looks at ethics from an IT viewpoint.
This lesson can be taught in either the business, FACS or Tech rotation of TLC.
The intended outcome of this lesson is that students will understand what proper ethics are.
1. Have students read the ethics reading.
2. Discuss the reading together as a class.
3. Have students complete the ethics reading worksheet.
4. Discuss the worksheet as a class.
5. Divide class into small groups of 4-5 students.
6. Complete Ethics group activity.
7. Discuss the group activity and the dynamics of their groups. Did all students agree on whether their situations were ethical, unethical or criminal?
8. Time permitting read and discuss some of the ethical situations on the ethical situation sheet.