1 class periods of 70 minutes each
This lesson will allow students to plan and participate in a food experience that appeals to children.
Granola Bar Recipes (Enough for each group)
Granola Bar Ingredients (Enough for 4 Kitchen Units):
- 9 c. rolled oats
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 2/3 c. butter
- 1 c. honey
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 4 c. chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- 4 (8x8) disposable tins
Student Prior Knowledge
Bell Ringer Question: List three healthy snacks for children.
- Explain the importance of feeding children healthy snacks.
- Review the granola recipe with the students.
- Have the students prepare the recipe.
- Do not have the students eat the food! It needs to be saved for the preschool day.
- Once the granola bars are cooled, place the pan filled with granola bars into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and put into the refrigerator.