Strand 5 Standard 1
2 class periods of 45 minutes each
Thinking & Reasoning
These activities help students identify and evaluate their personal values.
If possible, bring an example of something you valued as a teen. Discuss how important this item is to your life right now. Discuss how values are important, but that they will change as time goes on.
Basic discussion and knowledge of values.
Students will identify their values.
1. Have the students complete at least three values worksheets
2. Tell the students to bring the worksheets to you. Check to see that they have completed them. Do not read them; just scan them to see that all the questions are answered.
3. Assign the students to bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
4. Have the students seal their worksheets in the envelopes and turn them in.
5. Keep the envelopes on file. Hand the envelopes out at the beginning of the students' junior year or mail them at the beginning of their junior year