FACS 6th Grade
1 class periods of 45 minutes each
It is important to establish and keep the rules of a laboratory.
Handouts for students.
Concept: Classroom (kitchen) rules must be established and followed in order to keep the food preparation area safe and conditions sanitary.
You will identify the basic rules for the foods labs that must be followed on a regular basis. Present them to the students before they go into the lab. Some examples of rules are:
• Do not sit on the counter
• Always wear an apron in the lab
• Stay in your own unit
• Before cooking, wash your hands
• Clean up messes and spills promptly
• Do not comb your hair in the classroom
• Put dirty towels, cloths, and aprons in the laundry area
Students will learn how to behave in a laboratory.