Learn @ Home
Keep learning with UEN’s broadcast and online resources for PreK – Grade 12 students.
- Utah’s Online Library
- Utah’s Open Textbooks
- eMedia: educational video on demand
- Open Web Collections
- K-12 Student Interactives
- Preschool Path (preK-grade 2)
- KUEN – Educational Television
- PBS KIDS Utah
- PBS NewsHour Extra for grades 6-12
- Utah Public Libraries – digital books and audio
About the Virus
- Lifeology Coronavirus Center
Lifeology is a platform that brings together scientists, artists, writers and broader audiences in the creation of educational content. They offer information and resources regarding coronavirus.
- The ultimate kid's guide to the new coronavirus
An easy to understand article by Livescience.com
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
NPR’s paired up to create an amazing comic by NPR’s Malaka Gharib. It’s being read by kids around the world. The free, open-source comic can be printed and folded to make a Zine.
Things to Do
- Camp TV
A day camp experience in your living room! An enthusiastic head counselor, played by Zachary Noah Piser, guides “campers” as they learn through play.
- Virtual Hogle Zoo
Everyday at 11:30am, Hogle Zoo will be hosting a Facebook live video featuring the many animals at the Zoo
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
Experience the best museums from London to Seoul in the comfort of your own home.
- Explore Nature with Live Camera Streams, Film and Photos
Explore.org is the world's leading philanthropic live nature cam network and documentary film channel.
- Google Arts & Culture Collections
Google teamed up with over 500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world. Pick a museum and take a tour.
- National Parks Service
Many national parks include primary sources of historical events and webcams from the most scenic spots. Bring history to life and visit one of our national parks.
- Authors Everywhere (YouTube Channel)
Children’s authors present on writing, including engaging creative writing prompts for students.
- Research Quest
Natural History Museum of Utah is making its award-winning Research Quest science program available live, online to students throughout Utah and the country.
- YouTube Learning Hub
In partnership with education-focused content creators on YouTube we have also launched the Learning Hub.
- Virtual Field trip of the F-35 Lightning II
From the 419th Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base can also be viewed on their Facebook page
- DAILY Explorer Classroom Events
Explorer Classroom’s live video events connect you with National Geographic Explorers across all seven continents to bring exploration to life.
- SpyHop Rewired Online Workshops
Weekly, live digital workshops for kids ages 10-19. These classes are your chance to join other kids online with a professional artist mentor to connect, make new friends, and make art. Classes will be offered in film, design, and music.
- Art Shop by Spy Hop
The Spy Hop Art Shop provides on-demand video tutorials for hands-on STEAM based art projects. Professional artist mentors have created easy to follow videos that provide an engaging step-by-step process to make cool stuff!
- Today at Apple @ Home
Join Creative Pros from Apple Store locations all over the world for quick and fun projects they put together in their homes, so you can get creative in yours. Check back every week for new videos.
- The 75 Virtual Museum Tours Around the World [Art, History, Science, and Technology]
An ultimate list of 75 world-class museums that offer virtual tours that you can visit from the comfort of your couch.
- Virtal Field Trip Collections - CyArk
CyArk is a non profit organization founded in 2003 to digitally record, archive and share the world's most significant cultural heritage and ensure that these places continue to inspire wonder and curiosity for decades to come.
Resources by Subject
- Physical Education GoNoodle - Engages kids with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at home.
- Literacy - The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read Alouds & Activities
- Literacy - "Write.Right.Rite" Series with Jason Reynolds, National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
Essay Contests & Submissions
- Up Close & Far Away - Online exhibition from the Springville Museum of Art
Up Close and Far Away invites Utah K-12 students to reflect on their own experiences, activities, and commitments while looking closer at relationships, places, and things in their current spaces. This special online exhibition consists of submitted works from K-12 students across the state and their responses to COVID-19. Participate by viewing how Utah’s youth have coped with crisis and change.
PBS Resources for Younger Kids
Learn more about health from these PBS resources and others from PBS KIDS Utah.
Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood:
- "Daniel Gets a Cold / Mom Tiger is Sick" (full episode)
- Doctor Daniel Game
- In My Bathroom Game
- Play at Home with Daniel Tiger App
- "Rest is Best" Strategy Song (video)
- Germs Germs Go Away with Handwashing (video)
- A Germ-Fighting Superhero (video)
- Abby and Elmo's Potty Plan! Game
- Step by Step Handwashing with Elmo (activity sheet)
- Elmo and Rosita: The Right Way to Sneeze! (video)
Sid The Science Kid:
Media Literacy Resources
- Get Smart abotu News - News Literacy Project
Learn skills needed to become smart, active consumers of news and other information and engaged, informed participants in civic life.
Looking for media balance in today’s news? Look at articles on the same subject through the lens of multiple media outlets. A crowd-sourced label from far-left, centrist, and far-right sources allows you to compare information. Check out the Dictionary tab for how people from different perspectives define words we use everyday in different ways.
- Crash Course: Navigating Digital Resources
This YouTube channel, hosted by John Green, features ten lessons on becoming a better consumer of digital media.
Test Prep & College & Career Planning
Use Shmoop for test prep, college & career prep, videos and more:
- Test Prep - ACT, AP, SAT, more
- Video Library
- Homework Help
- College Planning
- Career Planning
- Financial Literacy