UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Adult English Language Learners 3
Core Standards of the Course
ELP Standard 2
An ELL canů
participate in level-appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas, and analyses, in various social and academic contexts, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
- participate in conversations, discussions, and written exchanges about familiar topics, texts, and issues
- build on the ideas of others
- express his or her own ideas
- ask and answer relevant questions
- add relevant information and evidence
- restate some of the key ideas expressed
- follow rules for discussion
- ask questions to gain information or clarify understanding.
- adapt language choices and style according to purpose, task, and audience with developing ease in various social and academic contexts
- use an increasing number of general academic and content-specific words and expressions in spoken and written texts
- show developing control of style and tone in spoken and written texts.
http://www.uen.org - in partnership with Utah State Board of Education (USBE) and Utah System of Higher Education (USHE). Send questions or comments to USBE Specialist - BRIAN OLMSTEAD and see the Adult Ed/ English Language Proficiency website. For general questions about Utah's Core Standards contact the Director - BRIAN OLMSTEAD .