Cisco Webex is a desktop conferencing tool that provides powerful features while maintaining a user-friendly interface. Webex Meetings lets you host online meetings with HD video, audio, and screen sharing. Also included is Webex Events which allows for hosting interactive webinars or large events.
How to Participate
K-12: Contact your District/Charter IT Director to request an account
Higher Ed: Contact your department chair or technology specialist to request an account
Administration: Contact UETN Logistics
Webex has been purchased with a combination of Cares Act funding and UETN budgeted money. It includes five years of licensing and maintenance for Public K-12 and Higher Ed institutions, as well as state administrative use.
- Unlimited 1-1 Meetings
- Meetings with no time limit
- Meetings up to 1000 participants
- Webinar Event Services
- Telephone Dial-In
- High Quality Video, up to 720 p
- Screen Sharing
- Breakout Rooms
- HD Video & Voice
- Virtual Backgrounds
- Personal Meeting Room
- Private & Group Chat
- Host Controls
- Co-Annotation on Screen Share
- Remote Keyboard & Mouse Control
- TLS 1.2 End-to-end Encryption
- Meeting Lock
- Waiting Room
- Assign Scheduling Permissions
- Unlimited Cloud and Local Recording
- Cloud Recording Transcripts
- Live Streaming
- Integration with Interactive Video Conferencing Classrooms
- LMS integration
- Set a password for your meeting
- Enable the Lobby and carefully screen all participants before allow them to join.
- Lock your event once all expected participants have joined
- Disable “Private Chat” between participants
- Disable “Anyone Can Share” feature
Additional Security Resources
Tuesdays from 3:30-4:30 PM
Quick overview of the Web Interface, Client, and Webex Meetings w/ Q&A
Other group training sessions available by request.
For more information contact our Logistics team
View UETN Webex training sessions.