1 class periods of 30 minutes each
- Social & Civic Responsibility
Introduction to FACS 6th Grade with all 6th grade students at the beginning of the school year.
powerpoint of "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts (you will have to buy the song and insert sound yourself.)
- Powerpoint "Road to the Future
- Song "Life Is A Highway" by Rascal Flatts
- The Cosby Show, Season 1, Episode 1 Ch. 2 (Cliff's monopoly budget lesson for Theo)
- Introduction to all teachers in your department (we did a powerpoint with all of us and pictures from things we did in our classes.)
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will understand more what the class is supposed to teach them throughout the school year by attending this introductory activity.
- We do our intro activity as a whole grade level in our auditorium at the same time during our FLEX period.
- Begin with students coming in to auditorium. Play fun music, do the wave, get them excited!
- Play "Road to the Future" slideshow for them.
- Watch Cliff's Monopoly Budget Lesson for Theo.
- Watch slideshow introducing teachers and classes.
- Close introduction activity with "We're excited for this school year."
No assessment for this activity.