UEN Security Office
Technical Services Support Center (TSSC)
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
(801) 585-6105 (fax)
Science - Biology
Standard 2 Objective 3
1 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will complete an online lab using an onion root undergoing mitosis. By counting the number of cells in each phase, students will infer the length of time cell spend in each phase.
The web site used has a nice summary of mitosis.
1. Students count and record numbers of cells in various phases 4
2. Students correctly calculate percentages ..4
3. Students view and record onion roots under the microscope 4
4. Students correctly answer analysis questions ..4
1. Depending on the stain, the chromosomes will be red or purple.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.