1 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will compare the structure and function of organs in one organism to the structure and function of organs in another organism.
- student sheet (attached) If you have access to a color copier, you may wish to make a student set and have them write their answers on another sheet.
- for the "Hook": 1 and 3 hole paper punches.
- Hook: Find a one-hole paper punch and a 3-hole paper punch. Ask student to look carefully at them and then list similarities and differences. Students may work in groups or individually.
- Ask students to classify or group the similarities and differences by structure and by function.
- Compare student responses as a class, asking each group to report their findings.
- Read the introduction with students and go over procedures. Allow students to work on the assignment.
- If you wish to proceed further, dissections of a sheep heart, frog heart, chicken heart or fish heart may be done.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.