2 class periods of 60 minutes each
Students will prepare a presentation to educate their classmates about one of the systems found in living things.
- student sheet (attached)
- textbooks OR computers with Internet access
- paper, butcher paper, or poster board
- markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Pass out the student sheets to each group.
Your job is to prepare a presentation to educate your classmates about one of the systems found in living things. Your overall grade will be determined from the following:
- Handout you prepare with from your book and the internet with information about your system
- Poster with a diagram of the system labeled and colored
- Presentation before the class on the system
Teams may use their textbooks and online resources to research the system. Teams will be allowed two class periods to prepare the handout, diagram and presentation. Groups will be chosen randomly to present so each must be ready to go on the appointed day.
Each team must have:
- Handout: (30 points--6 points for each bullet)
- The overall purpose of the system
- A comparison to the system in plants or in an invertebrate animal
- Major structures and their functions
- How your system interacts with other systems in the body
- Three fun facts about your system
- Presentation: (40 points--6 points for each part given from the worksheet plus 10 points for each person participating)
- Each member of the group should have a part in the presentation
- nformation from your worksheet should be presented clearly and in an organized manner
- Diagram: (30 points--15 for each diagram)
- Includes two pictures: the human system and the comparison organism
- Pictures are drawn large
- Pictures are labeled and in color
Use the point values outlined in the instructional procedures.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.