1 class periods of 60 minutes each
Student will use an analogy to learn about protein synthesis.
- If this is an introductory activity, you may need to explain that cells must use DNA as the template for the production of proteins in a cell and that proteins are involved in body structure and function as enzymes, muscle and other body structures.
- Read the introduction to the activity. If you do not wish students to have individual student sheets, make an overhead or project it from this website.
- Direct students to pages in their books that may help.
- Group students into groups of 4 or 5.
- Read procedures and give students time to work.
- After the first couple of groups finish their skit, have them perform for the class. If you have time, all groups can perform.
Lesson Design by Jordan School District Teachers and Staff.