UT Tech Leaders Network
The Utah Education Network (UEN) is excited to announce that the Utah EdTech Leadership Network will hold its next cohort beginning Fall 2023! The EdTech Leadership Network is designed to grow the skills of EdTech coaches and leaders who support instructional practices inclusive of personalized and competency-based learning (PCBL) in their schools or districts. Using a blended approach, participants will acquire strategies and knowledge related to best practices in leadership, coaching, and supporting educators, students, and administrators in their schools. This unique year-long learning opportunity will bring together digital leaders from across the state to build a community and a shared vision and prepare participants to be poised to support future-driven initiatives in their schools and districts.
- Connect - Collaborate with the state's best digital learning specialists and instructional coaches. Build your network and develop new ideas.
- Grow - Learn from expert coaches and facilitators with tools you can use today. Finally! Professional learning tailored just for you!
- Lead - Take your leadership to the next level and shape the culture of your campus! Coaching is about more than knowledge & skills.
How the program works
Each year a new cohort will be accepted by application for a year-long program dedicated to helping coaches grow as leaders and build their capacity to be change agents within their school or district. Building upon research on effective professional learning, this program provides participants access to personalized and sustainable opportunities centered around pedagogy and digital learning. Applications are due on August 25 by 5:00 pm.
The program is built upon four (4) pillars and includes goals to help develop and support Utah Ed Tech Leaders.*
- Leadership and Culture: This focuses on leadership, digital citizenship, moral purpose, habits of mind, and connected educators.
- Effective Coaching and Advocacy: Particular focus on effective professional development facilitation strategies, best practice coaching conversations, community outreach, and advocacy to support your school and district goals.
- Content and Curriculum: Strengthen understanding and knowledge of high-quality instruction and personalized competency-based learning (PCBL). This includes technology tools, innovation models, and curriculum design strategies.
- Change Management: Develop strategies and skills to build and sustain the effective use of digital learning in schools and districts.
The UT Tech Leaders Network will meet five (5) times, including a special session at the UCET conference. The Cohort dates for 2023-24 include:
- September 28 & 29 - face to face
- November 10 - virtual (3hr)
- January 12 - face to face
- February 9 - virtual (3hr)
- March UCET March 19 - 20 - (time TBD)
USBE credit will be offered for cohort participants.