1 class periods of 30 minutes each
At the end of the lesson students will be able to create pancake mix and understand the different measurements and ingredients.
- Recipe for mix
- ingredients for mix
- measurement tools for cooking
Background for Teachers
General knowledge of materials and measurements used in cooking
Student Prior Knowledge
General measurement knowledge.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to make pancake mix from basic cooking supplies utilizing measures and knowledge of the functions of the ingredients.
- Students will learn to evaluate the quality of their food by knowledge of what it is made of.
- Pass out recipe of product
- Explain the steps to the entire class emphasizing the need for accurate measurement and the quality of the ingredients.
- Pair up class and do the mix
Strategies for Diverse Learners
Attempt to pair up students so that students who may have problems with the lesson will have a partner that most likely will not. Utilize peer teaching and tutoring.
- Have the students test the mix at home
- Have students go online to discover other foods we by processed that may be mixed at home.
- Check with family members to find if there are any traditional foods that are made from scratch.
Students will be formally assessed with a quiz after the lesson.