Main Core Tie
Exploring Business and Marketing
Students will identify advertising media (magazines, newspapers, television, direct mail, radio, internet, and billboards) and examine their costs.
- Advertising and Target Market Scavenger Hunt Worksheet
- Advertising Chart
- Have the students find examples of advertisements from at least 6 of the different advertising media.
- Conduct a scavenger hunt to find different types of advertisements tailored to specific target markets.
- Have the students examine the Small Business Website in order to discover costs of different methods of advertising.
- Have the students complete the chart showing the different costs of each type of advertising, and decide which method of advertising is most effective for a variety of Target Markets.
- Lead a discussion as to why the students chose the different methods of advertising for their respective target markets.