3 class periods of 45 minutes each
- Thinking & Reasoning
Students will be introduced to the main vitamins. Students will identify what they do and where they are found. Students will work in groups and present information in a slide show or movie format.
- Health Textbooks
Background for Teachers
Resources with nutritional information about vitamins, knowledge of imovie and iphoto
Student Prior Knowledge
iphoto and imovie skills
Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will be introduced and gain a general overall understanding of primary vitamins functions and sources
- Teacher will introduce topics with an example of a finished project.
- Teacher will explain that students will be creating a form of an infomercial about the assigned vitamin including the name of the vitamin, it's function, sources where it is found and if possible problems that can occur with too much or too little of the vitamin.
- Students will divide into small groups.
- Students will brainstorm ideas, gather information from texts or Internet, create a story board of their project.
- Students will be given class time to create media projects.
- Students will present media vitamin project to class.
- Students will list vitamins presented with notes on each vitamin including information in the areas mentioned in #2.
Students can list vitamin they feel is easy for them to get Daily recommended amount due to their food choices and one vitamin they feel is difficult for them to get the daily required amount.