Health Education - 3rd Grade
Strand 3: SAFETY AND DISEASE PREVENTION (SDP) Standard 3.SDP.3:
Social Studies - 3rd Grade
Standard 3 Objective 3
This lesson will focus on what a strong password is and how to create one.
1. Teach students what a password is.
2. Teach students why we need a strong password (protect personal information) and show the NetSafe Utah Personal Information video.
3. Teach students that there are important things to remember when creating a password.
4. Show students Dinopass and discuss how this could be helpful in creating a password.
5. Teach about a passphrase - see the POPS Teacher Guide to know what this is.
6. Practice making a passphrase together.
7. Pass out the POPS Student Activity Book pg.9. Have students fill it out. Go over it together.
Students will make up a password that they can remember and will use it for their school log in.
Be sure the students have followed the things to remember about creating a password.
Check to see that students can remember it by having them write it down on a paper the next day.