Interior Design 2
1 class periods of 90 minutes each
Different types of windows and doors and a windows and doors project.
1. Window, Door, Roof and Housing styles worksheet.
2. Window, Door, Roof and Housing styles KEY.
3. Window, Door, Roof and Housing Styles power point presentation.
4. Drawing paper (students should have this!)
Be familiar with Styles power point presentation and accompanying worksheet.
Students will use their knowledge of styles to create an exterior drawing of a home.
1. Hand out Styles worksheet to students. Present information from power point presentation to students while they complete their worksheet. THIS IS A LOT OF INFORMATION! I chose to put it all together, but some review might be needed after the lecture to make sure all the information was covered well.
2. Explain assignment to students. Now that the students know about different styles, they can create a front elevation of their own home. Students are asked to get a white piece of paper, and with pencil and ruler, draw the front elevation of a house. They need to use one of the housing styles talked about in the lecture. Then they are to create a door and 2 windows, again using selections from the lecture information. After it is drawn in with pencil, they may color it in. Extra credit can be earned by using more than one door or more than 2 windows. They may create diversions from the styles (basically creating their own style). When they are completed, they need to write a description of the housing style, roof style, window and door styles that they used. It's also fun to have the students share these with the class. They do a great job!
See attached rubric for Window, Door, Roof and Housing styles assignment.
USOE Interior Design Curriculum.