1 class periods of 45 minutes each
Students will learn vocabulary words associated with alcohol and the effects it has on the human body.
Student Prior Knowledge
Know how to use Powerpoints and Dreamweaver.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Describe the effects of alcohol on a person who drinks it.
- Explain blood alcohol level (BAL) and its relation to the amount of alcohol a person drinks.
- List four ways that drinking alcohol can affect a person's saftey.
- Discuss how alcohol can affect your body in negative ways.
- Review the vocabulary words related to alcohol.
- Explain the Blood Alcohol Level and how much a person is able legally consume.
- Students will pair up and open Tuesday's 'Alcohol' Powerpoint and proceed to learn about what parts of the body are affected by alcohol and how.
- Then, they will look at the different stages of alcoholism and discuss with their partner how people will act within each stage.
- Lastly, they will create a webpage using Dreamweaver, with pictures from the internet. They will choose an activity that they would rather do than drinking alcohol and explain why.
Strategies for Diverse Learners
If I have a student with a learning disability, he/she may find it difficult to complete the Dreamweaver assignment. I would probably ask the Special Ed. assistant if she could help the student one on one. (I'm an assistant and I get pulled into class quite often to help the students that I normally work with, so I don't think it would be a problem.)
Students will be assessed depending on how well they created a Dreamweaver Webpage.
Textbook- Your Health/ Grade 6th, by Harcourt Brace