Learn @ Home
A series of Instructional videos to help educators set up learning experiences for students to Learn @ Home!
UEN Self-Paced Courses for Teaching Online
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Nearpod Certified Educator
- Teaching Online
- Elementary Canvas - Learn @ Home Edition
- Support Distance Learning Support - Gale Database Q&A
Gale has put together a guide to commonly asked questions and answers can quickly help you transition to online learning.
- Helping teachers and students make the switch to remote learning
A blog article by Jared Spataro, Corporate Vice President for Microsoft 365
- OTIS for Educators
Has made all their PD courses free to help schools implement distance learning and online professional development.
- Reduce Student Anxiety (and Your Own) During Uncertain Times
To help reduce students' anxiety and your own about the COVID-19 pandemic, Common Sense has put together some ideas and resources focused on news literacy, media balance, and healthy communication.
- Live Nepris Workshop Schedule
Workshops are interactive, offered two times a day, are 30 minutes long, and are live with one of the Nepris Customer Success Management Team members.
- Mental Health and Social Support
The State of Oregon has put together a great resource on mental health and social support for students.
- AWS Educate Webinars
This webinar series is designed by educators, for educators, and based on educator input from a recent survey capturing current challenges. Any educator is invited to join. There’s no cost for participating.
- CCSSO Resources for States on COVID-19
Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) continues to add and update resources daily to the shared file for state leaders,including resources in folders by state name, as well as CCSSO developed resources in response to urgent questions from states.
- CCSSO Continuous Learning Resources
To support states and districts looking to identify high-quality instructional resources, Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) developed a new set of recommended materials vetted through CCSSO’s High Quality Instructional Materials and Professional Development (IMPD) Network.
- FERPA and Virtual Learning
A video published by Utah State Board of Education with information about FERPA and Virtual Learning.
- Utah Communities Connect Wifi Location map
View a map of available WiFi hotspots throughout the state of Utah.
UETN WebEx & Other Connectivity Resources
Cisco Networks has lifted the license cap on UETN’s WebEx contract for the next 180 days making WebEx available to all UETN education stakeholders. This version of Webex provides the full suite of features available to all users.
- Webex License Request
- Statewide Connectivity and Learning Resources Compiled by the Utah Education and Telehealth Network
- Using Webex Basics
Collection of Instructure Resources
To meet the need for more online instruction view a collection of Instructure resources to support teachers and students.
Canvas Office Hours
Do you need additional help with Canvas? Please join us for our open Canvas office hours where we will have experts from both UEN and Instructure/Canvas to answer all your questions.
Office hours will be held on Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 2pm.
The following resources help to identify gaps, redundancies, and edtech needs in your LEA and streamline communication and self-directed decision-making with teachers and parents.
- Accessing and utilizing the usage dashboard
- Accessing the privacy tab in LearnPlatform’s product library
- Build and share your product library (educators and staff)
- Build and share your public product library ( parents)
- A list of edtech COVID-19 offers
Google for Education
- Access to advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities
- Teacher Center resources and trainings
- ‘Enable Distance Learning with G Suite and Chrome’ EDU OnAir livestream
- The Google for Education blog for ideas and inspiration
- Preparing students to learn from home with Chromebooks
- Make the most of Google tools for distance learning
- Getting Started with Google for Education
SETDA Online Learning Support
- Preparing your school's Apple devices for remote learning
- How to clean your Apple products
- Support communities
- App store Learn and Study From Home collection
- Apple Teacher Learning Center
Lucid for Education
- Lucid Distance Learning
Transfer your current curriculum to Lucid for Education's virtual collaborative canvas. Use free templates designed by teachers to facilitate an engaging digital learning experience.
- Distance Learning and Your Classroom with Lucid Education
Expert educator, Anneliese Pixton provides three quick ways that you can take your current lesson plans and turn them into distance learning activities.
Notice Regarding Vendor Offers
Many eLearning vendors are making their software available at this time. Such offers are linked below merely as a convenience and do not imply endorsement. Be aware that, absent a state contract, the software offers below have not been fully vetted for compliance with FERPA, ADA accessibility, Utah Data Privacy Standards, and other relevant policies.
- State-Vetted Software Vendors Expanding their Licenses Until 7-31-2020
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Free Creative Cloud tools offered to students through May 31, 2020
- Mango Classroom online language-learning
- Nepris live virtual Industry Talks/Chats - Free until May 31, 2020
- Sandford Education Social and Emotional Learning - Free lessons, activities, resources and Webinars
- Symbaloo Pro Subscriptions - Free until COVID-19 situation is resolved
- Education Elements - free webinars, facilitated drop-in chats, and 1:1 office hours
- Renaissance at home - access free practice programs from Renaissance to support remote learning across the curriculum
- Learning A-Z - free resources for the remainder of the school year.
- RevRoad At-Home Learning - Free school & district licenses during COVID-19.
- Voyager Sopris Learning - Support and resources for Remote Learning
- ExploreLearning - is offering our online science and math programs free for 60 days
- High Tech High Graduate School of Eucation - Free online courses
Some Good Education News
A series of videos to highlighting the "Good News" happening in Utah education.
- Graduation and Grading Guidance for the 2019-2020 School Year due to COVID-19
April 2020 - NOTE: This is a non-binding guidance document and NOT Board policy, rule, or law.
- Guidance for Supporting Families during Remote Learning
April 2020 - NOTE: This is a non-binding guidance document and NOT Board policy, rule, or law. Providing Parent and Family Supports • Provide families with a point person to reach out to if they have questions about the continuous learning process.
Resources for Subject
- Computer Science
- English Language Arts - Secondary
- Fine Arts
- Health & PE
- Library Media
- Science - Informal Science Education Enhancement
- Social Studies
Teaching & Learning
Keep learning with UEN’s broadcast and online resources for PreK – Grade 12 students.
- Utah’s Online Library
- Utah’s Open Textbooks
- eMedia: educational video on demand
- Open Web Collections
- K-12 Student Interactives
- Preschool Pioneer (preK-grade 2)
- KUEN – Educational Television
- Utah Public Libraries – digital books and audio
- Utah’s Online Library Mini-Lessons for Canvas
- BYU Independent Study Materials - full courses in Canvas that Utah public school teachers can import, mostly for grades 7-12.
PBS Resources for Educators
- PBS KIDS Utah
- PBS NewsHour Extra for grades 6-12
- PBS LearningMedia Virus Information & Prevention collection
- Iowa PBS' The Federal Bureau of Ick
- KET's Healthy Habits | Everyday Learning
- South Florida PBS' KidVision: How to Make Soap
- PBS Teachers Lounge Blog Distance Learning Tips From One Teacher to Another
For tips and guides on using media wisely and digital citizenship as a family
- News Literacy Project
This site empowers educators to teach students the skills they need to become smart, active consumers of news and other information and engaged, informed participants in civic life.
Looking for media balance in today’s news? This website is a compilation of links to articles on the same subject through the lens of multiple media outlets. A crowd-sourced label from far-left, centrist, and far-right sources allows students to compare information. Check out the Dictionary tab for how people from different perspectives define words we use everyday in different ways.
- Crash Course: Navigating Digital Resources
This YouTube channel, hosted by John Green, features ten lessons on becoming a better consumer of digital media.
- Combating Misinformation
Designed with middle-school students in mind, a class of U of U Honors students have designed a set of five lesson plans to address misinformation in digital media, focusing specifically on social media.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab
- Smithsonian Science Education Center's Game Center
- Smithsonian Activity Pages for Children
- Smithsonian Folklife and Oral History Interviewing Guide
- The Smithsonian Folklife and Oral History Interviewing Guide
- National Geographic Education Resource Library
- Learn at Home Collection
- The Real Time Curriculum Project
- DAILY Explorer Classroom Events
- Online courses
- ISTE Free Tech for Learning
ISTE & EdSurge are curating a list of free products offered by companies and organizations to support learning during extended school closures.
- Research Quest Live
As schools make plans to help slow the spread of coronavirus, NHMU is making its award-winning Research Quest science program available live, online to students throughout Utah and the country.
- UCET newsletter for April 2020
Twenty pages of teacher and student resources!
- Shmoop for Utah
Shmoop is offering free access to all of Shmoop during school closures due to COVID-19. In addition to the ACT test prep provided by USBE, you’ll now be able to access: Advanced Placement Test Prep, ACT Aspire, SAT, PSAT Test Prep, +400 Online Courses, Response to Intervention ELA & Math programs, and PBIS Courses and Curriculum.
- We Are Teachers Resources for Learning at Home
For teachers, parents, and kids! Find fun websites, games, apps, and hands-on activities to assist and extend the distance learning for students in K-5.
The following pages have been put together by school districts in Utah for their teachers, parents and students.
- Alpine School District
- Canyons School District
- Davis School District
- Granite School District
- Nebo School District
- Jordan School District
- Ogden School District