Cheese Science

Cheese Research



You need a bachelor's degree in agricultural or food science for a job in applied research. In a food science program, you study food chemistry, food analysis, and food processing. A degree in a related science, such as biology or chemistry, also prepares you for jobs in food science. You need a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) to lead research projects or teach at a college or university. To complete a doctoral degree, you take more courses, do fieldwork, and do your own lab research. The general trend is for food scientists to have a Ph.D. All states have land-grant colleges that offer agricultural and food science programs. Many other colleges and universities offer similar programs.