The Dolores Dore Eccles Broadcast Center
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Community Advisory Council membership is posted on the UEN.org website for the Education Advisory Council and the Utah Telehealth Advisory Council. KUEN holds at least two, but optimally four Community Advisory Council meetings each year.
The Community Advisory Councils have a distinct membership from the organization’s Governing Board.
KUEN strives to ensure that members of the Community Advisory Councils represent a diverse cross-‐ section of the community. Minutes of the meetings document that the Advisory Councils perform their primary functions under the CPB rule:
- Establish and follow its own schedule and agenda, within the scope of the Council’s statutory or delegated authority;
- Review the programming goals established by the station;
- Review the community service provided by the station;
- Review the impact on the community of the significant policy decisions rendered by the station; and
- Advise the Governing Board of the station whether the programming and other significant policies of the station are meeting the specialized educational and cultural needs of the communities served by the station.
The Advisory Councils may make recommendations to the Governing Board to meet those specialized needs.